C: Clutch ET 38 Clip On Clutch Shoes

Bogage

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I will obtain the correct 1/2"'Seeger' Circlips tomorrow, the ones that were installed were incorrect as was duly noted. Although they did their job many years, they should be correct. Just like the mis matched pistons m'lady had when I got her. It is my belief that she was recommissioned at a time that items were not easily available for our machines. 70''s or 80's perhaps?

532375652.jpeg

My brake adjusters were not the wing nut style, but a machined piece as were the pins in the rear brake levers. I am thinking they were unavailable when the bike was worked on? It took me a while to figure out as I was totally uninitiated and when I tried removing the pins from the rear brake levers it was impossible because they were not slotted, they only had a hole for the shaft. It took me a short while to realize they were hand made...

There were other indications...

Bogage

VOC Member
I should add, thanks very much for the observation and prod to correct. That is why I shared it with the group so I must acknowledge my appreacition. Many thanks to all who provided input,

Bogage

VOC Member
All fixed, in the process I removed the pushrod and found a ball bearing. An old setup for sure. New pushrod and adjuster screw and lock nut en route from Coventry.

Attachments

• 508C6924-2731-4968-A03F-7BCCCDCF1134.jpeg
    508C6924-2731-4968-A03F-7BCCCDCF1134.jpeg
    446.8 KB · Views: 10

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Yup a ball in the middle of the clutch push rod is definitely a thing of the past, mine has only been in there for some 35 years, maybe I should check on it??

oexing

VOC Member
Ball or roller in the clutch pushrod line, does not matter. But you´d want spherical ends on rollers for minimizing drag - to go with hardened rods for sure.

Vic