F: Frame Will touring handlebars fit on a Prince

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I appreciate your concern and advice as I am no expert but yes it is I would think it's fitted correctly as it came from a highly respected Vincent engineer, (not sure if to put others names on Forum without asking)
Again thank you for your help and interest, the forum sure has helped me. KerryView attachment 36832
Kerry, Would I be correct in assuming the gent that fitted your steering damper was R. C. If so I would say you are in very good hands.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Love that Disc, I think I worked it out, R.C., He had more that one ?? And the other one went to Sammy Miller ?.

timetraveller

VOC Member
And I did a swap with Sammy Miller, a standard and totally restored standard Knight front wheel for the disc braked one which he advertised in MPH to be exchanged. I know the bike and the builder and , Kerry, you would have found it hard to get a better bike. The gentleman in question is a meticulous engineer. I hope you enjoy the bike.

kerry

VOC Member
Bill, Peter, I am persuaded, damper is staying on. yes I bought this Prince from RC, a brilliant lovely Man who was very kind selling it to me, at 95 he has only recently stopped riding, I fitted wider bars (personal preference) which transforms moving it about and then the wider muffs were needed, it really is a nice bike to ride which also has some good in my opinion RC specials ... discs on front, air horns, electric start, alton generator, 12 volt lithium battery, indicators, etc. Fortunately on a prince most things are hidden, but all enhance the riding and air horns do get attention, it still looks original apart from discs which are superb, so, STAYING ON. Kerry.

kerry

VOC Member
Love that Disc, I think I worked it out, R.C., He had more that one ?? And the other one went to Sammy Miller ?.

I missed the knight by one phone call, but thank goodness I did as a few months later RC sold me the Prince for which I am eternally grateful.

kerry

VOC Member
And I did a swap with Sammy Miller, a standard and totally restored standard Knight front wheel for the disc braked one which he advertised in MPH to be exchanged. I know the bike and the builder and , Kerry, you would have found it hard to get a better bike. The gentleman in question is a meticulous engineer. I hope you enjoy the bike.
Yes Bill, thanks for that, I do need to know the make of disc and pads etc if you know please ? for spares purposes if needed. as I have said RC was really kind to me, it is the nicest Vincent I have ever ridden. Kerry

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
It might be the same as T.T. has bought ??.
I just wish I had some Money :D , I would have bought your Bike, And Vibrac's Egli, and and and,
And I need a bigger Garage !.

kerry

VOC Member
Don't know TT, My garage is full too now, but a comet or Rapide can go in my shed, At this rate I will be overtaking Vibrac on forum posts !! hope he will not send the heavies round to stop me ! Kerry.