Tyre Pressures

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Such a simple question, I am really surprised that 4 pages in no one has come forward with some guideline figures.
Rapide using coil-over on the rear and Avon 3.25-19" Roadrider Universal tyres. Thirty PSI in front and rear, a couple of extra in the back with a passenger. Rides great and last pretty good too.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Not really. I think it has a lot to do with the profile of the cross section of the tire. If it gets below 28 psi, they feel as if they have gone flat to me. I run the same pressure on the AM26s I have on my '60s Triumphs. Now my '95 Triumph calls for 36 front and 41 rear. If those tires get into the low 30s if feels like your trying to walk on a water bed.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Rapide using coil-over on the rear and Avon 3.25-19" Roadrider Universal tyres. Thirty PSI in front and rear, a couple of extra in the back with a passenger. Rides great and last pretty good too.
Replying to my own post: I meant to mention that with the Avon 3.25-19" Roadrider Universal tyre fitted the speedometer is virtually spot on when compared to my Garmin GPS.