Stuck kickstarter

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
difazio.jpg

Now this is an ugly BMW!. Its mine (awaiting the kiss of life )
Now I have seen your 'side winder' kickstart I suggest you keep it stuck. Otherwise its a hernia for you:eek: .If you feel you need to backup the starter its better to do some clever folding engineering on the footrest +gearchange linkage and perhaps reposition the pipes so you can swing a standard lever.( Something that experience has taught me...)

Dingocooke

Non-VOC Member
Ouh crikey, only a mother could like that! :)
Yes re the kickstarter, I agree, probably about as much use as one off a T160 by the look at it! I think run n bump would be a better option if I get a flat battery!!!!

Dingocooke

Non-VOC Member
Goddam yankees ;)
My 350 Ducati had a left foot kickstart that seemed intent on re distributing my ankle skin!! Mind you I was an impetuous apprentice riding in Doc Martins, I learnt slowly and painfully in a way only teenagers can!!! :D

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
View attachment 2317

Now this is an ugly BMW!. Its mine (awaiting the kiss of life )
Now I have seen your 'side winder' kickstart I suggest you keep it stuck. Otherwise its a hernia for you:eek: .If you feel you need to backup the starter its better to do some clever folding engineering on the footrest +gearchange linkage and perhaps reposition the pipes so you can swing a standard lever.( Something that experience has taught me...)

My question is , what did you get for hauling it off?:eek:

vibrac

VOC Member
Hub center steering is a little jaring to the 'normal' look, but it should handle better than even Bramptons (which obviously means better than Teles or Girdralics:D) apart from the 35 foot turning circle that is.:eek:
A clever man was that Jack Difazio

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
Dingocooke, like your wheels, like you I do my own thing any dislikes I tell them to put there money were there mouth is

macvette

Non-VOC Member
When I wrote my previous reply, I forgot to say that I rock the back wheel forwards even though I don't have a starter. If you think that your valve lifter is out of adjustment ,take the plugs out, you should be able to turn the engine over relatively easily by hand ( in neutral) using the kick start, this will give you some idea of what the engine feels like with no compression.

Dingocooke

Non-VOC Member
Hub center steering is a little jaring to the 'normal' look, but it should handle better than even Bramptons (which obviously means better than Teles or Girdralics:D) apart from the 35 foot turning circle that is.:eek:
A clever man was that Jack Difazio
Ah you beat me to the question, I wondered if it was a Difazio! Thanks for the update; he was a clever guy, certainly pre-empted Elf by a few decades too; who would have thought tele's could have triumphed over that rigidity? Having ridden a hub centre Bimota (once) I can say that decades of experience building up 'feel' for tele's was of no use, and that perhaps is the rub, maybe it needs somebody grown up on hub centre to race successfully on them?