Stuck kickstarter

Dingocooke

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Dingocooke, like your wheels, like you I do my own thing any dislikes I tell them to put there money were there mouth is
Thanks David, to me bikes are like food and girls, everyone's taste is different! I enjoy the attentions of the 'rivet counters' (as Titch Allen anointed them) best of all, he used to chuckle when they would point out discrepancies from catalogue on mine or his bikes; my reply (tongue in cheek) 'oh dear, show me your perfect one for reference then' usually got the response that 'I don't have one!'
Life is too short for anything but fun :)
Ride safe, be happy, spread the smiles :)

vibrac

VOC Member
Ah you beat me to the question, I wondered if it was a Difazio! Thanks for the update; he was a clever guy, certainly pre-empted Elf by a few decades too; who would have thought tele's could have triumphed over that rigidity? Having ridden a hub centre Bimota (once) I can say that decades of experience building up 'feel' for tele's was of no use, and that perhaps is the rub, maybe it needs somebody grown up on hub centre to race successfully on them?

The Yamaha GTS is all I have ridden with HCS I always wanted a hub center steering machine trouble is this one had been in a damp shed for 20 years (It belonged to Vincent owner -club member now deceased) Its going to take some time. the front units are air suspension. full story here http://www.oldracer.co.uk/blog-post3.html

Dingocooke

Non-VOC Member
That's a good story about the HCS R75 find, nicely written, thanks for the link! Oh boy that fairing is hideous, but I am looking forward to seeing the bike in a happier condition, and hearing how it steers and stops!
I must admit, I would have probably have climbed over the beemer and pulled the triton out instead :)

vibrac

VOC Member
The Triton had been there 30 years you know how they say a corpse continues to grow stubble well the Triton had aluminum whiskers off the alloy longer than a Father Christmas beard. And the steel was a red as a desert sunset I think somebody bought it for more than the fiver I offered, it may have been an art dealer.

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
My first encounter with center hub steering was 25 years ago , Don Vesco said , if you are going to bild yourself a streamliner that will work, build a real good center hub steering, that's for sure I said, hung up the phone, what in the hell is center hub steering I thought.

Cheers.

excuse the spelling

Ducdude

VOC Member
Well if rocking the bike back and fourth feed up the kicker it sure sounds like the G82 quadrant and the G46 starting pinion are binding. As has been said the fix is to filed down the first tooth on the G82. The amount depends on the particulars of the bike. On my shadow it took about a 50% reduction in the first tooth's height and I also beveled the bottom of the tooth up so it curved up to the top of the reduced tooth...I also polished the edges smooth on the buffing wheel. Finally as I did have one further binding of the second tooth now I reduced that one by 20-25% in height and smoothed that one as well, and no more binding... Now lets talk about this problem of your ugly BMW air head...:)

Cheers,
Eric
72 R75/5 1972 BMW R75-5_wall.jpg