Stuck kickstarter

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
If the 1st tooth on the quadrant isn't ground can that not cause a similar situation. Not being an engineering type I can't express it any better. I occasionally have a problem with my Rap and it takes a bit of gentle persuasion to get the kick starter back into correct position.

greg brillus

VOC Member
You are correct Alyn, struck it many times...Kick start comes to a dead stop.....Put the bike in gear, and rock back and forth a tad, find neutral, and away you go. It is an annoying problem though......Greg.

macvette

Non-VOC Member
I'm with Greg and Albervin, try their solution first before taking anything off. It sometimes happens to me so I put the bike in gear and rock the back wheel with the bike on the centre stand. If this clears it at least you know where to look if you have to strip it down.

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
The quadrant and the ratchet gear are so made that there is a 15 degree movement of the kicker before quadrant to gear contact, the last three posts is a ongoing problem with kicker operation but has nothing to do with the problem of this thread. If I read correctly, the kick lever wont budge.

Max

vibrac

VOC Member
Max is correct his advice on losening the cover is a good start. rocking bikes backwards with an electric start is not good practice . As to the tooth engagement problem this was dealt with in a recent MPH but I agree with Max that aint your imediate problem

Dingocooke

Non-VOC Member
image.jpg
Well, curious, just went into the garage ready to set too with tools and thought I would pop it in gear and just push the rear wheel in a forwards direction, and lomand behold, when I tried after the kickstarter is free; boy does this thing have some compression even on the valve lifter!!

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
One of those tale wagging the dog things. :confused: You shouldn't feel much at all of compression if all is well with adjustments and mechanical condition of the engineo_O

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
Even though its not a Fritz , I think Fritz would be proud of that one, you like pretty Bikes don't you? Just reading between the lines:D

Envious Max

Dingocooke

Non-VOC Member
Even though its not a Fritz , I think Fritz would be proud of that one, you like pretty Bikes don't you? Just reading between the lines:D

Envious Max
Hi Max,
Thanks for the kind words! Yes I think its 'purdy', but I am biased as I spent my own dough on it!!
Be nice to think Fritz would approve too!! Yup I like good looking bikes, how did you guess!
I once bought a BMW R100GS, and whilst it was surprising cross country on fast A and B roads, the pride of ownership thing was not there, just so ugly. I used to keep a sheet over it in the garage, almost a guilty secret!! It's nice to have a bike you walk up to and admire before a ride, and walk away from not hanging your head in shame!!
Toujours la difference as our French cousins might say :)