Series 'B' Gear linkage.

vince998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
If it was destined for a "rider", they would of fitted the later one piece pedal. (as stated by Roy the mechanic)

vince998

VOC Member
How wrong you are

all of my bikes are to ride

some of us are clean people

My Humble apologies Britvin.
Next time i shall engage brain before opening mouth (typing my comments)
Please be assured my comments where not meant to be insulting.
May you have many pleasureable miles with your new linkage.

B

Bikersally

Try calling Steve at Maughan & sons on 01529 461717
he made a set for me in s/steel to go with my b engine re build he was doing for me

A top (10 out of 10 ) job he done too

Graham is sorting one out for me. Cheers.

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
If it's only you riding the bike, you don't need adjustment - I just made a cranked link and it works fine !!
Gearchange.jpg

Robert Watson

VOC Member
I run the original stuff on /166 and have done 2 or 3 reasonable long trips on it (ie California and back) and so far so good, although I will admit to very slow and methodical shifting

passenger0_0

Non-VOC Member
I was wondering how long it would be before soneone would provide some positive feedback for the original set up. My early B has had the original gear linkage all of its working life and it's fine even after a great mileage. I can't help but wonder how many people that have been critical of the original set up have actually worn one out? Maybe this is a case of the story being repeated enough time to make it a 'fact' whilst in reality the factory changed to the one piece set up to save money? Who knows but I'm sure these comments will keep this thread alive.

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
I changed from the Series C one piece pedal because I got hold of an early footrest hanger with the slot for my B - can't say that I've noticed any difference at all, gear change is just as quick as before.