• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Series 'B' Gear linkage.

B

Bikersally

Does anybody know where I can buy a 'B' linkage from or could someone supply with details of the linkage so then I can get a couple made?

Tom Gaynor

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
Series B gear linkage

A man with a lathe could make it. It would be more expensive if it needed left-hand threads, since LH taps would have to be purchased. I THINK I could screwcut the male parts.
I had a look in the C spares list, where KTB says the B / early C gearchange parts are shown. Damned if I can find them.
Nor can I open your private message. Could you send it to my private address?
Saw VG's new toy today. He's in love. (Other readers: it's a Ducati Diavel, with three engine management settings: city, touring (120 bhp), and short-lived insane.)
I have two sets of them! It's the linkage in between that I'm going to try and replicate or even better if I can buy.

b'knighted

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
I'd imagine that the later single bit of aluminium gave a considerable cost saving on materials over the early set and would have saved a fair bit of assembly time. Stories are also told of steel shortages leading to greater use of aluminium.

Britvin

Forum Website User
VOC Member
Try calling Steve at Maughan & sons on 01529 461717
he made a set for me in s/steel to go with my b engine re build he was doing for me

A top (10 out of 10 ) job he done too

Warning! This thread is more than 12yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.