Series 'A's - You show me yours, and I'll show you mine…

ClassicBiker

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I suspect the A owners are feeling a little vulnerable about having what they own displayed to the whole world and not just club members. Which I understand, they're probably worried about "ne'er do wells" (a.k.a. thieving swine) piecing together who and where they are and spiriting away their A's never to be seen again. I try to be rather selective about who let know I own Vincents.
Steven

1643721895792.png

mercurycrest

VOC Member
I suspect the A owners are feeling a little vulnerable about having what they own displayed to the whole world and not just club members. Which I understand, they're probably worried about "ne'er do wells" (a.k.a. thieving swine) piecing together who and where they are and spiriting away their A's never to be seen again. I try to be rather selective about who let know I own Vincents.
Steven

View attachment 47034
First the "ne're do wells" will have to make friends with our "Fluffy...!"
Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 17.09.56.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Lady cold called here once, trying to sell me a security system. I said sure, send the person around to give me a quote. The gates will be closed but if he can run to the house or the garage faster than the dog he should be OK and make sure he knocks loudly and announces himself quite clearly as looking down the barrel of a .45 can be a little off putting for some people. She said thank-you and hung up. Some people have no sense of humour!

Robert Watson

VOC Member
I did at the time, a VERY fiesty Jack Russel terrier. Even tied to a leash he could have taken Glen's dog.

Last edited:

Marvel

VOC Member

John Oakes

Non-VOC Member
Yours must be close to mine off the production line as mine was June/July 1939 too and had a 4 gallon all stainless tank. It had an alloy head and barrel and BAPCA gearbox too.
Yeah the comet is engine 987 so very close to yours ( 985 )