C: Clutch Series ‘C’ Rapide Clutch Slip

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Try all your crankcase bolts, mine leaked like that and I found some of the bolts slack.

What brakes do you have presently, mine are pretty good, I have alloy brake plates with heavy duty cables and rear brake arms on the front, these are about 50% longer and help a lot.

I have a home made 8" TLS brake in my 11-50 Brough that uses Commando shoes and it has always been poor, I recently had the shoes relined by Saftek with their soft, high friction material and the difference is incredible, a real brake, and I mean a real brake, and that was without turning the shoes as they were fractionally undersize anyway.
It's a woven green/yellow sintered material.
Chris
So which lining material exactly did you have fitted. This was taken from the Saftek website:

Our Classic Vehicle Brake Lining Material Range​

Standard Duty – Relatively soft with quick bedding in feature giving medium to high friction suitable for normal road use.
Premium Duty – A tougher material for heavier duty road use, touring and some race applications. Bonded or riveted.
Woven – Non-asbestos friction material which has the same woven look as the original. Perfect for concourse style restorations.
Competition – a rigid moulded lining to replace your asbestos AM4.

Chris Launders

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Chris
So which lining material exactly did you have fitted. This was taken from the Saftek website:

Our Classic Vehicle Brake Lining Material Range​

Standard Duty – Relatively soft with quick bedding in feature giving medium to high friction suitable for normal road use.
Premium Duty – A tougher material for heavier duty road use, touring and some race applications. Bonded or riveted.
Woven – Non-asbestos friction material which has the same woven look as the original. Perfect for concourse style restorations.
Competition – a rigid moulded lining to replace your asbestos AM4.

The Standard Duty one, when they came I thought there had been a mistake as they were woven, but I was assured it was the Standard Duty one which is woven although it doesn't mention this.

danno

Non-VOC Member
Try all your crankcase bolts, mine leaked like that and I found some of the bolts slack.
Thanks.
I’m just having a look at this as I do seem to be topping up the oil a fair bit. It’s expensive too.
Most of the bolts I can see are cover ones. Just wondering where the crankcase bolts are.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
MO41.gif

Chris Launders

VOC Member
There's three on the front stand plates labelled C and 2 x D on the drawing above and L is up behind the gear change cover but not inside, accessible from underneath/in front ( I've just been and checked)