Misc: Charging Systems Series ‘C’ Rapide Battery Not Charging

danno

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Just cleaning up the Rita coil and wiring, then will run the engine to check if any change.
Have spoken to Alton France and they can supply the alternator + regulator for £537 delivered.
I’ll need that anyway, regardless of the type of ignition I use.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Just cleaning up the Rita coil and wiring, then will run the engine to check if any change.
Have spoken to Alton France and they can supply the alternator + regulator for £537 delivered.
I’ll need that anyway, regardless of the type of ignition I use.
Also available in the UK if you prefer to shop at home.
Alton distributor in UK

john998

VOC Member
Hello, just a thought, the JG regulator is usually positive earth the Alton will be negative earth. You will need to check if the Rita ignition will work with negative earth. John.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Hello, just a thought, the JG regulator is usually positive earth the Alton will be negative earth. You will need to check if the Rita ignition will work with negative earth. John.
Two things need to occur, hopefully Danno has the RITA instructions as it is covered there, if not I have a set and it's easily found on the net. The switched power has to change from -ve to +ve and the ground change from +ve to -ve on the amplifier (silver box). It won't damage the amplifier if this doesn't, it just wont work.
Steven

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
The other question is when Danno fitted a battery to the bike, which way round did he connect it? Standard for a Vincent is usually negative to earth, but if this is a JG regulator which is usually positive earth polarity then the regulator could have been damaged and so not charging if the battery was fitted the wrong way round polarity wise.

Last edited by a moderator:

danno

Non-VOC Member

Quote from Alton email:
‘We can supply an ACG01-PR01 generator set suitable for Vincent twin.
Each generator set comes with its PODTRONICS rectifying-regulator and with a polyamide drive sprocket (PD15 replica).

The set can be connected both positive or negative polarities with the same rectifying-regulator. No need to specify polarity when you order.’