C: Clutch Sealing clutch cover with flat bottom

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
If only I could alloy weld !, Never tried, I think it's Tricky, Played with Mig and Stick weld, Not very good with the last one. Cheers Bill.

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
I thought I`d managed to make the Clutch Cover oil tight but noticed a bit of a weep.
On closer inspection it seems oil is finding it`s way past the two lower screws.
I`ve tried a couple of small "O" rings but they`ve only slowed it down not cured it.
Has anyone got a solution ?
Cheers
Dave

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
I read the other. You can use a slightly longer
Screws there.
I would put red stuff under the screw heads.
Cheers Bill.
Cheers Bill,
I`ll give it a go, already got longer screws as I had to make the spacer ring to close the gap between the Primary & Clutch cover.
Cheers
Dave

Cyborg

VOC Member
Or Loctite has options. I’ve used a this or similar (would have to check the tube) to seal brand X cylinder studs.

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
Or Loctite has options. I’ve used a this or similar (would have to check the tube) to seal brand X cylinder studs.

That looks interesting, can't hurt having some on the shelf its bound to come in handy.
Cheers
Dave

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Red hemertite, I love the stuff, Good luck Bill.
I think Red Hemertite is a bit like Camp Coffee, alright back in the day before we discovered far better alternatives, I thought I was really modern back in the sixties when my long deceased ex father in law used to get me Blue Hylomar from the Rolls Royce factory at Leavesden where he worked.