Oil pump

Les Thomson

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Greg you should have updated to a Cooper S,great cars.When I was younger all my mates & myself had Cooper S's.100 mph & still get 35 mpg.
I'm restoring a 1970 Mk2 Cooper S at the moment.:). Mini's put a smile on my face.They won Bathurst in 1966.

greg brillus

VOC Member
Hi Les, Yes had the opportunity to buy an "S" a couple of times, but the last Mini's I had were built higher spec than The "S" anyway so I couldn't see the point of spending the extra money. Same as my thoughts on a Shadow.....Black engine looks great, but the practicality verses performance is negligible, and without sounding too harsh, in reality nowadays, Shadows are more for investors, and Rapides a more Viable solution for those who want to ride rather than sit looking pretty in a collection.......Apologies to genuine Shadow riders......But this is simply a fact. Cheers........Greg.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Greg, I don't use an engine oil filter, I think anything heavy would go to the bottom of the oil filter housing, I think it is too hard for the oil to get through that felt thing, When ever I have blown a Vin' up , The rubbish is all round the engine anyway !!. Just my thoughts !. Get well soon, Bill.

greg brillus

VOC Member
Hi there Bill, thanks for that...yes mending slowly, each day mobility is improving and less pain...except scar on hip starting to itch like crazy......:mad:. Interesting thoughts on the oil filter......I must admit that I only use the paper type which I buy many of from Neal here in Australia. I go to a fare bit of trouble to bleed and prime the oil systems, even after a regular oil change. And this always gets oil returning back to the tank quite quickly. With regular changes, and the fairly minimal use of machines these days, I think corrosion is more an issue than ware and tear. Cheers...........Greg.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
FWIW, the info with the popular dual plug kit for 1000cc Airhead BMWs recommended 22 deg full advance. (94mm bore)