A: Oil Pipework Oil Drain Plug

Ian Savage

VOC Vice President
VOC Member
No problem, I always prefer to find a fix to the problem not modify something else to get round it.
Please return the A22 and a replacement will be sent when available.

Chris.R

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks Ian I wholly agree if my rebuild had not gone so slowly I would have been in before the start of the discussion eighteen months ago. thanks for your efforts engineering solutions are always best.

Chris

Ian Savage

VOC Vice President
VOC Member
I've turned down the boss on the A22 Drain Bolt now fits fine. Now it seem the hex head set screw hits the propstand plate so replaced with cheese head screw. Will probably create a new part no. for a Comet specific item, is there a preference for slotted or socket cap (Allen head)?
15872262549186383082582103740409.jpg

Chris.R

VOC Member
I've turned down the boss on the A22 Drain Bolt now fits fine. Now it seem the hex head set screw hits the propstand plate so replaced with cheese head screw. Will probably create a new part no. for a Comet specific item, is there a preference for slotted or socket cap (Allen head)?
View attachment 34292
Allen head would seem the best possible solution I noted from one of the replies it was said that the corners needed filing off the hex screw to pass the plate so what you have come up with so speedily will be the ideal solution. We Comet owners send our grateful thanks. I will pass on the A22 I have to a twin owner and order a Comet specific for when available, in the meantime carrying on with my rebuild of the 54 Comet Thanks. Chris

Chris.R

VOC Member
Hi Ian
As a Vincent Modified part that will do the job properly engineered for both Twin and Comet I see absolutely no problem in that at all.
Chris

Chris.R

VOC Member
Makes you wonder how the Works coped with this?
It was never thought of at the time to make life that easy which the mod does and at the same time makes less likely the prospect of damaging or wearing the thread into the engine case. In my mind a worthwhile expense which as Ian now has worked on can be fitted to a Comet without any butchery of other parts.