• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

A: Oil Pipework Oil Drain Plug

bodlan

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
I have just tried to install one of the new style A22 SS drain plug/banjos on my C Comet but it fouls the R/H FT23/2 engine plate. Is this normal because I can't see it going in without removing metal from the engine plate? Anyone had the same problem or is just me???

vibrac

VOC Member
I have just seen a new plug in a new side plate FT23/2 on a new crankcase plenty of space. My guess as its an easy made item some back yard merchant cut those side plates back in the 'lean years'

The VOC Spares Company Limited

VOC Member
We have heard of this once before on Comet, it seems there is a variation in the location of the oil feed entry point to the pump and the righthand stand plate.
You’d think this area would be the same as on the twin.
I'll do some checking and get back to you.
Ian

bodlan

VOC Member
Sorted it. Had to machine 0.05" off the diameter of the extension and also filed the tips off the hexagon of the 1/4 screw. Obviously, as you suggest a variation in the position of the port and maybe the thickness of the plate. Not much but made it impossible to align the thread and screw in.