Norvincentre

Chrish

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi Bikersally,

It seems that you have been fortunate, I've had PM's and emails from the four corners of the world from people that are not so fortunate. There are many problems with the Norvincentre, some, the quality of the product, some the timing on delivery, but all have one thing in common, the lack of communication. I've had one reply to many emails I've sent, and it's pot luck if the phone get's answered. Geoff Stokes is John's new partner, and he is trying to get the company organized, as he has told me, but I can never get him on the phone. Have tried five times to contact John this evening, Melbourne Time, but to no avail, have left two messages for Geoff on his messaging service, I'll let you know if he get's back to me.

Chris

Chris

I've had some spare parts from the Norvin Centre aswell. No problems either.

B

Bikersally

Hi Bikersally,

It seems that you have been fortunate, I've had PM's and emails from the four corners of the world from people that are not so fortunate. There are many problems with the Norvincentre, some, the quality of the product, some the timing on delivery, but all have one thing in common, the lack of communication. I've had one reply to many emails I've sent, and it's pot luck if the phone get's answered. Geoff Stokes is John's new partner, and he is trying to get the company organized, as he has told me, but I can never get him on the phone. Have tried five times to contact John this evening, Melbourne Time, but to no avail, have left two messages for Geoff on his messaging service, I'll let you know if he get's back to me.

Chris

Chris

It was last August when I ordered a kickstart cover for my twin, throttle cables and a new rear rep light unit. I waited three weeks for the parts but I wasn't in a rush. I haven't needed any further parts since then so I can't comment on delivery times this year.

steve cassel

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Update

Just a quick update and a question for Roy the Mechanic:

The update is that John tells me he now has my cylinders and heads and will ship them ASAP. This is a big step for me, as it will allow me to start fitting pieces together to sort out my frame geometry and tank fitment and such. For all those who have expressed an interest in how this deal transpires, I'll be sure to keep you posted when I receive the parts. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Question for Roy: How long did it take for you to receive your complete order of parts for your engine 'kit'? I'm still waiting for John and Geoff to get the rest of my engine parts together. They just keep saying 'soon'... I'm eager to join the ranks of 'satisfied customers', but it's been seven months.

Thanks again to everyone for the feedback and input. -------Steve.

steve cassel

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Continuing Update

Thanks again to all who are following this thread (now over 2500 hits), and especially to all who have PMed me with advice and encouragement.

John and Geoff seem to be, once again, living up to the negative expectations... It's been two weeks since my cylinders and heads were promised, and no parts yet. Last time I talked to John, he said Geoff was putting together the remainder of my engine order as well, but I haven't heard a word from either of them since, and they are not answering the phone.

There is some chance that I may be in Ireland next month, and I'm considering whether it may be worth the extra travel to visit them in person. Anybody have any suggestions in that regard? I'm wondering if they would be any more likely to answer the door than they are to answer the phone.

Thanks in advance for any input. -------Steve.

MartinRestorer

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks again to all who are following this

There is some chance that I may be in Ireland next month, and I'm considering whether it may be worth the extra travel to visit them in person. Anybody have any suggestions in that regard? I'm wondering if they would be any more likely to answer the door than they are to answer the phone.

Thanks in advance for any input. -------Steve.
I wouldnt just turn up as you will have to get through the electric gates first. But arrange to collect items is a good idea. Try a new enquiry from another phone or email address and they may respond to a new customer/client? Good luck all the same.

steve cassel

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Good News?

Thanks, Martin, for your encouragement.

I have since reached John on the phone (without even resorting to subterfuge or using a different number), and he tells me that Geoff now has ALL THE PARTS to complete my engine order, and that he should have them shipped on MONDAY.

I will certainly update this thread when the parts arrive, but it looks like I may be spending my future time here lurking about in search of answers to Technical Questions ;-). I'll have to get my membership form in soon... I'm looking forward to accessing the Whitakerpedia, among other things.

Thanks again to one and all.
-------Steve.