Misc: Charging Systems Lucas Dynamo conversion

Sakura

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I have converted a Lucas E3 to look like a Miller and run on 12v, all from info on the Internet and 40 Years On. There can be few bikes better documented if you take the trouble to look for it.

Chris.R

VOC Member
I have converted a Lucas E3 to look like a Miller and run on 12v, all from info on the Internet and 40 Years On. There can be few bikes better documented if you take the trouble to look for it.
Hi, I do not have 40 years on, it is out of print as I have said and posted. I need to know which Lucas endplate to use. Have you seen my photo of what I have? What did you use?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sakura

Non-VOC Member
Hi, I do not have 40 years on, it is out of print as I have said and posted. I need to know which Lucas endplate to use. Have you seen my photo of what I have? What did you use?
There is a description of how to do it if you use the search facility, as I just did!

Chris.R

VOC Member

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Yes thank you for that I have just returned from finding the page all I need now is a Miller end drive plate for a D6 to complete the conversion of the Lucas. Where to find one though, I had been looking on Ebay for one such part already to no avail, most motorcycle breakers do not seem to have British bikes only Japanese any ideas?
Make sure you get rid of the plate with the two screws that hold the old bearing in place and use a sealed bearing in it's place..... End of problems!