LED Fluorescent Lights for Garage

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Best thing I ever did. Got mine from Screwfix.
Peter B
Me too. Bought two more 5 foot LED battens from Screwfix yesterday. One will replace an old fluorescent tube and the other will increase the available light. I've also bought a PIR switch for around £10 with the idea that it will automatically turn on a light when opening the garage door if arriving home in the dark.
It has forecast horrendous weather here during the day so that will be a good project for later today.:)

oilyrag

Active Forum User
VOC Member
78BB36B2-D2BE-4209-8161-AD4566AF2169_1_201_a.jpeg
IMG_0353.JPG

royrobertson

VOC Member
Hi Chris, I am suffering from Lathe Jealousy. Harrisons are the "Dogs" . A proper all singing all dancing Toolmakers Lathe
Cheers Roy

Oldhaven

VOC Member
I want to thank you all for this thread since I had been going to go out and get strip fluorescent lights for my shop which was light challenged. Instead I ordered these deformable dimmable LED lights which are also color adjustable. Great on the old eyes and I may find all the small screws and parts that I seem to drop when working on things lately. They manage to light up every corner of the basement.

CBD4F814-657D-42C8-A4B6-FC779D12E14F.jpeg

G

Graham Smith

Depending on your set up. Consider fitting one or two with an emergency backup fitted in case of power outage.
I've got a 'non maintained' emergency light in my garage and workshop. It makes thing so much easier if there's a power cut.

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
The existing LED fittings in my workshop weren’t really bright enough over the workbench, so I installed one of these last weekend.

Under £30 for a 7800 lumen fitting, it’s 6’ and is just what I needed.
Thanks Graham, I've just bought one from Tool Station.