Is any one selling 20 inch tubes these days?

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Better than an over sized tube, I went for 21" wheels on the front more than fifty years ago as they were always more difficult to get hold of and you only had one choice (ribbed).

bmetcalf

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Did you try Coventry? I don’t see them on the website, but I’ pretty sure they have sold the tubes in the past.

Canadiancomet

VOC Member
Did try Coventry and they recommended a 21 inch tube but I did not like the fit, it looked unsafe. after numerous tries to "tuck in neatly" I buggered it. Went with a spate 19 in which fit but I sure would like to stock up on a few 20 inchers. Bruce as an aside, My son bought me the Book " WHITE HORSES" for Christmas. It would seem we Metcalf's no E then were the best horsemen in England with our White Horses. That explains why my Dad always said his Grandfather said, "we came from a long line of horse thieves.. By the way sad ending, we lost to Cromwell's army in the end. Hope to see you at an event soon

CarlHungness

VOC Member
Go with the 21" wheel, it'll look a lot better under the mudguard you'll see a bit of improved handling. Slap some disc brakes on the front while you're at it and then you'll really be safe. The difference between the stock brakes and the discs are night and day. I tested both on the road and wish I had made the conversion years ago.

MarBl

VOC Member
Never ever use an oversized tube. I once had one installed by the tyre service on my BMW's front wheel without my knowledge. It buckled and after about 1000mls failed along that line, leading to air loss on the autobahn - an experience I dont want to repeat as you might imagine.