Is any one selling 20 inch tubes these days?

ClassicBiker

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
How about this. They sell 20" tires as well.
Steven

vibrac

VOC Member
I use 19" tubes but I keep reading about making spoked wheels tubeless there are solutions on the market its just a leap of faith so they say...

Canadiancomet

VOC Member
How about this. They sell 20" tires as well.
Steven
Thanks..Very helpful..

Robert Watson

VOC Member
From you Robert that's encouraging. Do you have a favourite brand of 19 inch tube and a width size that you prefer? Thanks
At one time I thought it would be a good plan to use some very heavy Michelin motocross tubes. At some time later I read they they could overheat badly in used in road tires so didn't buy any more although I never had a issue with them. I have run pretty much the gamut of what is available. Currently in my "On the road" spares box is a 300-350-19 Dunlop made in the UK. It is new, but I have no clue as to where it came from. If you want to know what's in the bikes at present you'll have to come and find that out for yourself!

Canadiancomet

VOC Member
At one time I thought it would be a good plan to use some very heavy Michelin motocross tubes. At some time later I read they they could overheat badly in used in road tires so didn't buy any more although I never had a issue with them. I have run pretty much the gamut of what is available. Currently in my "On the road" spares box is a 300-350-19 Dunlop made in the UK. It is new, but I have no clue as to where it came from. If you want to know what's in the bikes at present you'll have to come and find that out for yourself!
Thanks Robert. One day I have to venture to the "left coast" Maybe a ride this summer. By the way I am heading to the Vegas auction if the Feds allow me to travel. Any one in your camp going??

Robert Watson

VOC Member
There are a few from here that often go, Been once, would take something really strong to haul me back there right now!

Canadiancomet

VOC Member
There are a few from here that often go, Been once, would take something really strong to haul me back there right now!
True Travelling to the USA right now might not be in my best interest. But I am committed, hope it works out OK. I was there the year you guys all came now. Some nice BC iron was sold for sure.

vibrac

VOC Member
Re heavy duty tubes on the last Edinburgh trial (about 150 miles) I thought i would use them my normal practice( On normallly a serrow or Beta alp 200-250 cc trail bike) is to pump Trials tyres (hard rubber not the soft stuff they use in modern pogo stick trials) to about 24 lbs pressure do the 50 or so miles till the first real section drop the rear to about 10 and do the next 80 odd miles on and off road pump them back up and ride home never a problem at least 15 trials. This time however on the way back BANG! blowout! snaky snaky sit on tank and ride it to a stop. Shan't be using heavy duty again:oops: