How NOT to sell Vincent spare parts!

Black Flash

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I also have two of the indian tanks. I think they are good value for money, but both needed to be reworked as they were too narrow at the end. The front fixings needed some filing and repositioning by bending and the elongated holes at the end some more filing as well, all in all one hours work. ALWAYS pressure test the tanks before using them, one of mine had a little hole at the bottom seam. It seems to me that the guy dressing the welding seam simply overdid it. Just a few minutes with a TIG welder, but again some work.
am using the tank for a special so it looked like a sacrilege to me to cut something of an original tank, therefore I went the indian way.

Arthur Farrow

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Peter if you are desparate and can give me some more information privately about why you (and you alone so nobody else ask please ) need it I would sell you my spare tank.

Incidentally : The ones on e-bay might fit a Bantam, but they sure don't fit Vincents.

I truly hate the money grabbing beasts that frequent the Vincent pond buggering up our hobby and changing bikes into "money tokens" , but it is rather inevitable. You know who you are ! (and so do we)