Hoarding of Vincent Parts? Come On - Own Up!

delboy

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Old cutting found.
delboy.

Attachments

• A few useful bits.jpg
    A few useful bits.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 44

Speedtwin

VOC Member
Yes very true indeed.
I shall be listing some items in for sale and wanted shortly.
Once I grow a set...........

Phil Davies

Non-VOC Member
Heh Phil,
Very sorry to hear your bad news.
Maybe a lesson for all of us there.
Speedtwin, in a strange way being told you have a probable maximum amount of (short!!) time left is somewhat a lifting of that immense pressure to 'get those damm projects done' that inevitably grab your attention as you walk into the workshop and brings a clarity of thought that I never considered I ever possessed!!!

I now absolutely know what projects will not ever get done - so that all has to go, that in turn 'might' free up enough space to allow the 'just possible' projects to now actually get on the bench, even with now limited mobility and then that allows all those 'just in case' spares to be disposed of without any nagging doubts, because the 'in case' can now never happen! Quite liberating really.

Only down side is that I realise that I will never again get to ride again the race outfits and that I can only possibly be a pillion on the road bikes (if I am quick with them on the bench!). That is the only stinker about my situation, the rest is (sort of) bearable.

But I have never, ever, understood the 'Distel', 'Emmerich' type mindset, buying for the sake of buying. There are never any pockets (or shelves!) in shrouds!

Speedtwin

VOC Member
Well said Phil it is indeed a shite stuation to be in.
I am very sorry you must be realy feked off.
Lesson is for all of your Vincent owning and riding friends here the ones you have met and the ones you have not.

We all need to live for the day and enjoy whatever floats our boats while we can.
My hat goes off to you for speaking so candidly about this you have all my best wishes and support.
I am sure it will be difficult to part with your projects but as you say it may be freeing in a way.
The not riding is the worst hopefully you have some buddies that will strap you in and scare the life out of you..
Poor taste humour as usual.

Keep the pecker up.
Al

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
This is not a new phenomenon. Fifty years ago I was finally trusted enough to be allowed to see inside the garage of a Vintage and Veteran Club member here in Victoria. There were 37 bikes stored there- the only one I can remember being an oil- cooled Bradshaw. At one stage the bloke turned to me and said "I can't understand why we can't get new young members in the Club!"

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Speedtwin, in a strange way being told you have a probable maximum amount of (short!!) time left is somewhat a lifting of that immense pressure to 'get those damm projects done' that inevitably grab your attention as you walk into the workshop and brings a clarity of thought that I never considered I ever possessed!!!

I now absolutely know what projects will not ever get done - so that all has to go, that in turn 'might' free up enough space to allow the 'just possible' projects to now actually get on the bench, even with now limited mobility and then that allows all those 'just in case' spares to be disposed of without any nagging doubts, because the 'in case' can now never happen! Quite liberating really.

Only down side is that I realise that I will never again get to ride again the race outfits and that I can only possibly be a pillion on the road bikes (if I am quick with them on the bench!). That is the only stinker about my situation, the rest is (sort of) bearable.

But I have never, ever, understood the 'Distel', 'Emmerich' type mindset, buying for the sake of buying. There are never any pockets (or shelves!) in shrouds!
Non of us know for sure, The Doctors have got it wrong so many times,
I try NOT to talk to them.
They wrote the wife's Grandson off on his day one !!,
He has just turned 13 !!.
One Day at a time, Good Luck, Bill.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Non of us know for sure, The Doctors have got it wrong so many times,
I try NOT to talk to them.
They wrote the wife's Grandson off on his day one !!,
He has just turned 13 !!.
One Day at a time, Good Luck, Bill.
I avoid them like the plague myself. My son was having a very hard time learning to read and stay focused. His pediatrician suggested he be evaluated for learning disabilities. We went to the recommended doctors. Who evaluated him and basically said he was an imbecile barely above moronic and should be institutionalized. I was devastated. My wife was seething mad and ready to rip this doctor to shreds. Long story short we took him elsewhere turns out he has ADHD and dyslexia. A little bit of medication (very little in fact) and some tutoring he is now going into the 8th grade and getting top marks in school, in a decent public school. It's hard work for him and he gets frustrated somedays, but keeps at it. He's just turned 14 and asks intelligent questions about current events and has is far more empathetic to peoples feelings than I ever was at his age.
It's called medical practice because they don't have it down to science yet.
Show 'em up Phil. We're rooting for you.

vibrac

VOC Member
I have gone from 21 bikes to 15 in the last year I just sold a Scott (i did buy a Ducati at the same sale) but it was a rough narrow case 250 racer for my Grandson to rebuild as he wants to go racing next year (14) so not my stash
Then I had a profitable time selling a van load of stuff from those bikes Scott radiators, Triumph pipes etc at Founders day (of course I did not sell any Vincent parts they are waiting for the apocryphal twin crankcases) the problem now is what do I do with the items that did not sell at Founders day?

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member

The North American version of that saying is " There aren't any roof racks on the Hearse"

Glen

Phil Davies

Non-VOC Member
Well said Phil it is indeed a shite stuation to be in.
I am very sorry you must be realy feked off.
Lesson is for all of your Vincent owning and riding friends here the ones you have met and the ones you have not.

We all need to live for the day and enjoy whatever floats our boats while we can.
My hat goes off to you for speaking so candidly about this you have all my best wishes and support.
I am sure it will be difficult to part with your projects but as you say it may be freeing in a way.
The not riding is the worst hopefully you have some buddies that will strap you in and scare the life out of you..
Poor taste humour as usual.

Keep the pecker up.
Al
Al, humour is good here, no poor taste detected, ref the scaring, after I got used to going to the blind left handed crest just before going over and down into Donnington's Craner Curves flat stick with the rear wheel sliding in fourth gear on a TZ750 yamaha 'conventional' (short wheelbase) outfit my 'friends' try very (very!) hard to scare me, every time!!!! The 'friends' with road oufits stopped trying, he he.

The disease doesn't sadden or fek me off, the final months might, but we aren't there yet (hopefully a couple of years away!), what does fek me off is not being able now to blast up the road (ahem track, officer) on the track outfits (as they still lurk in the garage after all these years).
The TZ is currently up for sale through a valued friend and I will be very sad to see it go as the chassis was built for me by the great John Darbyshire and huge fun, but it has to go - it's now clutter.
I am still considering what to do for the best with the historic outfit as competion use Vins these days are rare - eveyone seems scared of spoiling their 'investment' these days, sadly. I may well end up giving it away (yes really) to a very talented pairing that will wear it out through hard racing.

Pecker is always up (pardon!)