Hoarding of Vincent Parts? Come On - Own Up!

Phil Davies

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Non of us know for sure, The Doctors have got it wrong so many times,
I try NOT to talk to them.
They wrote the wife's Grandson off on his day one !!,
He has just turned 13 !!.
One Day at a time, Good Luck, Bill.
Bill they haven't got mine wrong, I went to them after the left leg became 'a problem' to use reliably, it's slowly getting worse no matter how stubborn I am in continuing to use it. What I have affects people in different ways and its progress is at different rates (it can even go dormant for a while).
But definitely one day at a time and not to overdo it.
'It' will definitely 'get me' in the end and actually the version that doesn't is an even worse alternative - spending possibly years in 'locked in syndrome', the end result, does not appeal to me (or anyone else here) in any way whatsoever, better to be sky riding than bed surfing.

Last edited:

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
They tell me there was a bloke outside my house with a Gun the other day !.
Police etc, I never saw anything, I must have been in the BOG !,
Getting Bloody Rough down in " Sunny Dorset ".

Phil Davies

Non-VOC Member
They tell me there was a bloke outside my house with a Gun the other day !.
Police etc, I never saw anything, I must have been in the BOG !,
Getting Bloody Rough down in " Sunny Dorset ".
Last week a stabbing on the road opposite our house, it was always less than desireable round here but things have taken a real dive to an all time low over the last few years.
It was always rough down there - the area has John Waltham! heh.

Magnetoman

VOC Member
All Yours.jpg

My daughters were not amused when I sent them this cartoon.

Last edited:

ericg

VOC Member
Speedtwin, in a strange way being told you have a probable maximum amount of (short!!) time left is somewhat a lifting of that immense pressure to 'get those damm projects done' that inevitably grab your attention as you walk into the workshop and brings a clarity of thought that I never considered I ever possessed!!!

I now absolutely know what projects will not ever get done - so that all has to go, that in turn 'might' free up enough space to allow the 'just possible' projects to now actually get on the bench, even with now limited mobility and then that allows all those 'just in case' spares to be disposed of without any nagging doubts, because the 'in case' can now never happen! Quite liberating really.

Only down side is that I realise that I will never again get to ride again the race outfits and that I can only possibly be a pillion on the road bikes (if I am quick with them on the bench!). That is the only stinker about my situation, the rest is (sort of) bearable.

But I have never, ever, understood the 'Distel', 'Emmerich' type mindset, buying for the sake of buying. There are never any pockets (or shelves!) in shrouds!
I've read on "crazy Distel" but what's the Emmerich story?

Phil Davies

Non-VOC Member
I've read on "crazy Distel" but what's the Emmerich story?
Back in the day, late 1970s or early 1980s purchased loads of Vins, never rode one I believe. Bonkers, why have a fantastic mile eater and never ride it, what a selfish waste - if you must invest, then go do it in something boring like a hedge fund, not a great active hobby of everyone else's.
As he too found out, there are no pockets in shrouds.

Last edited: