Hoarding of Vincent Parts? Come On - Own Up!

Speedtwin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Yes racing is the best way I know to turn money into noise and relationships into shite.
I was very lucky all my wasting was money lots of money.
The boss was and is quite a fast retired supersport 600 racer.
Never owned a race bike is her claim to fame.
That's how we met.
Sold so many homologation 750s and now watching them fetch lots of money for the guys who bought them.
But I would not have it anyother way, I loved racing, the craic, the paddock, love bikes and love spending my time working on them and riding the rims off.
Getting a seal on my carbs on the rapide is starting to wear a little...
All suggestions received.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
We have all done it ?,
I sold my Goldstar for £65, And swapped my Mk10 type 420 Jag', For a Ford Transit Van !,
What was I thinking ?,
Not at all !.

Speedtwin

VOC Member
Yes I sold a set of RC30s,both raced they went with all the road trim and wait for it,
Four sets of HRC lightweight rims and tyres,HRC tit Exhausts, ex Scott Smart WSB bottom and top ends by two and a huge box of spares.
Hollow titanium bolts also from the WSB bike we threw those in a jam jar ,day one replaced with steel bolts as we reckoned to brittle and not suitable for TT racing.
Mr Honda told me some years later the bolt set cost 5k at the time to produce.
6k the lot....
Lovely job beers are on me.

I have recently seen one of the bikes advertised as a low mileage 16k one owner road bike for 32k, I suppose it has low mileage,the miles were all registered at full chat though.
Buyer beware everyone of the 750s at the time Yamaha,Kawasaki Honda were all raced even the road ones ended up raced here.Suzukis not so much.

Been offered the other RC back for 25k just as I left it, no chance I told him its knackered...

Phil Davies

Non-VOC Member
"Yes racing is the best way I know to turn .......... relationships into shite."
Not here, I met Pauline through racing as I eventually summoned the courage to ask her to passenger for me - she is an experienced TT passenger (still the yougest femaleTT finisher (19 yrs 1 mth), rode left and right handed fast outfits), GP and continental circus passenger, just the best thing I ever did, our wedding was the best party I have ever been to, really it was!
We both regret not racing for longer and failing to get back to it, but the available money only goes so far with kids and a mortgage. The fantastic girls understand bike racing and are at ease in any paddock, they are a great pleasure to be around.
We were both looking forward to being back in the paddock and having an active garage having finally retired from work, ah well!

Last edited:

Speedtwin

VOC Member
The pre move garage clearance is underway see the for sale section floggers corner.
Regretting it already sellers remorse.....