hello from a state of disassembly.

lindie

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
shes back together, functioning and riding well. levers and new electric controls work as i'd hoped and the indicators aren't overloading the battery/dynamo so far. as always the positive feel to the switches is a welcome, especially compared to the aftermarket crap that was sold to me with that new taillight i never fitted. the mirror, though cracked and on the wrong side, is quite functional. the straight pull throttle is a delight and reduces a lot of the effort to maintain a constant speed as being a worm drive, she's much happier to transmit movement rather than have movement transmitted through it.
31072010004.jpg

31072010001.jpg

(by clicking on the next picture you'll see a very substandard video of the various switches in action: the high/low beam, indicators, passing light switch which throws onto the mainbeam when in the parklight setting, and the very girly sounding horn)

need to make a new abutment for the clutch cable and tidy up where the new cable and G91 contact.

have rebushed the upper links of the bramptons and new spindles are in too. not an awful lot that i want to still get done before the national rally in three weeks which is good as a few other projects are eating my spare time. thankyou to john gunn and the staff at the VOCSC for their help to get all fuctioning again.

to all the east coast aussies, see you in brisbane.

Albervin

VOC Member
I think it is now time to start a new thread called "State of assembly"! Well done & I look forward to hooking up again at the rally..

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Lindie: your private mailbox is full. Guess how I know this?

Looks really neat: my handlebars look like the aftermath of an explosion in a spaghetti factory.

lindie

Non-VOC Member
been a fairly staid few months insofar as rapide'ing. between buying a house, adding to the oriental element in my sheds, and a moderately psychotic ex, the maroon trollop has seen little use post the national rally.

odd romp or two on a few weekends but mainly just sitting around marking its territory and looking sexy. till three weeks ago.

i've brang her into town and she escapes the garage on average every 4-5 days. on the premise of repairing a few niggles which sadly while collecting built more, i rode her home only to lose the lights on a downhill curve, all spark five kays after, my speedo drive spade to square adaptor, then the clutch cable let go. all this is now solved so when motivation to fix as opposed to desire to take her for the occasional trundle kicks in somewhere down the track, i'll possibly get my coit into gear and build my MkIII centre stand and positively reaffix my indicator casings into their bar ends. mild carb tweaks are also on the "fun crap to tackle" list but i need to to rego my 87 1000F CBR hurricane first as issabelleh my beloved DT200R is due to be decommissioned. lindie is sadly still riding well enough to make putting these tasks down as a backburner affair. something pretty serious must go to shit before it's a must repair immediately issue.

one thing to look after before it goes home to it's standard abode will be preliminary mocking up of a lower control reversal. yes kiddies, i've accepted that i have no desire to continue with the facade of thinking you "proper side" shifters are on the right track. a series of likely slop compounding linkages and a cantilever rocker will be fashioned to relegate my much more accustomed left foot to a one down three up regimen that will produce near impossibility of neutral selection.

yes i am aware i should adapt to it and not her to me but uniformity and habit are more in my nature and nothing irreversible will be taking place to ruin the incontinent harlot for whatever unlucky future inheritor has a hissy fit and wants to return it to "original" post me returning to the earth from whence i came when my number is finally up.

have just re-perused all the dribble i've typed. hardly seems worth your nine month wait between drinks and for that i apologize. shall attempt more coherent cheerful babble in next report.

ta muchly for your time, glen.