Misc: Everything Else Headlights

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The Ebay item is a 7" lens, not suitable for our 6.5" Miller shells. The 6 1/4" Honda lens was for the CB400N or CB250N Superdream. This information was on TheVincent.com, I tried hard to find a Superdream Cibie in 'right hand drive' for UK use, and could not find one
Paul

Paul
My Cibie is adjustable. Pull the bulb out, move a plastic peg, replace bulb and hey presto it dips to the other side. Very good when going on the continent - 5 minutes work instead of 1/2 an hour trying to work out where to stick insulation tape. :)
Howard

highbury731

VOC Member
Paul
My Cibie is adjustable. Pull the bulb out, move a plastic peg, replace bulb and hey presto it dips to the other side. Very good when going on the continent - 5 minutes work instead of 1/2 an hour trying to work out where to stick insulation tape. :)
Howard
I wish I had found that out a few years ago, I might still have been able to buy one off the shelf. Hey ho
Paul

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I am out of touch, I have never been out of the UK, Is it still the norm' to stick bits of tape on the head light glass ?. Cheers Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
There was a guy walking round the ferry waiting lines at Dover selling a 'lens' sticker but I never bothered I thought 2 breathalisers,reflective strips on my helmet, approved gloves, reflective vest, spare glasses,log book,insurance certificate,and a bloddy great warning triangle was all the consessions to French grand frère (big brother) I was about to conceed

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
There was a guy walking round the ferry waiting lines at Dover selling a 'lens' sticker but I never bothered I thought 2 breathalisers,reflective strips on my helmet, approved gloves, reflective vest, spare glasses,log book,insurance certificate,and a bloddy great warning triangle was all the consessions to French grand frère (big brother) I was about to conceed
The requirement for motorists to carry breathalysers has been postponed indefinitely.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
So what's this about tape on the lens? Is the Blitz still going on?
Morning Gary, It's for converting from left hand drive to right hand drive ,To light up the kerb on the side you are on, And not to blind oncoming traffic, It only needs a small bit, Put in the right place.
If that is still the Norm', I don't feel so bad about doing it for an LED bulb.
Thanks All, Bill.

Gary Gittleson

VOC Member
I believe it is actually morning now where you are, so Good Morning to you, Bill.
We're so spoiled around here, what with two contiguous continents to ride on without having to think about which side of the road to ride on. So do the MOT boys and/or the coppers have anything to say about tape on the headlight? Here in New Jersey, we are especially spoiled. Motorcycles are not inspected at all. And they don't police these damned Harleys with deafening straight pipes. That last thing I admit that I hate most passionately.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Gary, You must have been blinded at some time , From oncoming traffic, Not good or safe !.
Our roads are more narrow than some of yours that I have seen in the Films.
We would normally only fit tape, As we get on the boat to France etc.
As long as the beam is right for where you live, I think the MOT would be OK.
Police are more interested in you speeding, I have found !.
I am woken most mornings, At 6am by a Harley with open pipes, But as an old Racer, I don't mind it.
Have Fun, Bill.