C: Clutch G91/1Extended Clutch lever.

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I think the saga above illustrates something that bedevils us all ,we tend to forget that these bikes are around 70 years old, heaven knows how many parts have been replaced and who did the replacing. Once even when the factory was in work there were a lot of lunch boxes going out with anything laying about picked up un inspected, then after closure and Harpers demise it was every back yard bodger to the lathes it was into that shambles that the spares company and more importantly the drawing project emerged to bring some semblance of normality. If the new thingamygig dont fit the hole dont jump to attack the thingamygig supplier it may be the 48 year old hole, and remember it may not be either at fault! Back in the day a fitter would know it was standard to alter it to fit ... are you prepared to be a fitter?, in my experience you had better be, or know one.

Last edited:

Albervin

VOC Member
I think the saga above illustrates something that bedevils us all ,we tend to forget that these bikes are around 70 years old, heaven knows how many parts have been replaced and who did the replacing. Once even when the factory was in work there were a lot of lunch boxes going out with anything laying about picked up un inspected, then after closure and Harpers demise it was every back yard bodger to the lathes it was into that shambles that the spares company and more importantly the drawing project emerged to bring some semblance of normality. If the new thingamygig dont fit the hole dont jump to attack the thingamygig supplier it may be the 48 year old hole, and remember it may not be either at faulr! Back in the day a fitter would know it was standard to alter it to fit ... are you prepared to be a fitter?, in my experience you had better be, or know one.
Luckily, as a pharmacist, I know a very knowledgeable vincent owning marine engineer nearby. We share knowledge.

GBewley

VOC Member
I am quite late on this, but I do remember that a sidecar rider at the New York International a few years ago telling me about a mod on his k/s cover (early one, which had room for such on the outer cover) to lower the pivot and thus give greater lift. I am sorry I do not recall his name, although like most people I’ve met I do recall his face…wait, was it Eddie Walbanks? Anyway, he spoke about the mod as if it was a common thing And said it worked well.

vibrac

VOC Member
Here is the standard adjuster and the spares Co special adjuster for multiplate clutches
1625214790046.png

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I used one of the multi-plate adjusters before I fitted an original Vincent clutch. It does give a little more lift and sometimes every little bit helps. Note: You need to remove the gear cover to fit the multi-plate adjuster as it has to be screwed in from the inside.