C: Clutch G91/1Extended Clutch lever.

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
As I was dismantling my Shadow ready for rebuilding, I noted parts that seemed beyond their "use by" date and made a list. One part I bought was a G91/1 extended clutch lever. Now I am rebuilding the bike I find the lever does not work. The pin placement for the plunger is not in the correct position. Rather than writing a dozen lines I am attaching photos. Basically the lever needed grinding/filing to even fit (bear in mind there was one fitted before but was sloppy) and now I find the plunger pin hole is way too high. It would be very tricky to lower the hole as the lever is ground away at that point. Has anyone else had an issue? I am using a Suzuki clutch conversion. I hope the photos are self explanatory. Photo 4 shows where the plunger pin is.The last photo shows where the clutch lever is when fitted to the "standard" pivot point.

Attachments

• IMG_1417.jpeg
    IMG_1417.jpeg
    464 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1418.jpeg
    IMG_1418.jpeg
    391 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1419.jpeg
    IMG_1419.jpeg
    509.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1420.jpeg
    IMG_1420.jpeg
    525.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1421.jpeg
    IMG_1421.jpeg
    314.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1422.jpeg
    IMG_1422.jpeg
    340.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1424.jpeg
    IMG_1424.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 82

Ian Savage

VOC Vice President
VOC Member
Assuming you got this from the VOC Spares Co you didn't say. As the VOCSC is closed untill new year so no one can investigate untill then.

Albervin

VOC Member
Yes Ian, from the VOCS. I was putting out feelers first because I am not sure whether my gearbox cover has been correctly modified. It did work fine when I bought the bike in the U.K.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I have never seen a modified one, So not sure how they work,
Other than they give a bit more lift ?.
Would be nice to know what they are like and how they work ?.

Oldhaven

VOC Member
Original and slightly more lift version /1. longer tip and perhaps the different shape helps.

Attachments

• 23666429-3986-4F8F-936C-56B1AF1C4FC6.jpeg
    23666429-3986-4F8F-936C-56B1AF1C4FC6.jpeg
    354.4 KB · Views: 60

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
So it looks to me like the adjuster would have to be deeper in,
To get the lower end away from the case ?.
I still have a multi plate under the bench, But I find the standard clutch lighter for my old hands !.
Cheers Bill.

Oldhaven

VOC Member
I remember from my experience with getting a V3 to lift as much as possible that the extra length of the 91/1 is designed to work with the mod internal adjuster which catches the tip on an increased diameter with no ball in the center. It has been several years since I did the work. I also remember removing a bit of metal from the lever to get it to move easily in its recess.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
So perhaps Albervin does not have the modified adjuster ?.
Just looked at the spares Company, And the new type adjuster is MUCH longer,
The hole in the arm of Oldhaven's, Looks the same as Albervins ?.

Last edited: