G108/1

Cyborg

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Does anyone have any good photos of an original G108/1 that they are willing to share? Any sketches/dimensions etc? Could also use dimensions for the gear shift and brake pivots too if anyone has them and is in the Christmas spirit. They are : FT252, FT253, FT253/1, and FT252/1

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Have you looked at www.thevincent.com At the top of the opening page, Click on early Rapide the first 500, Craig has done a nice rebuild of his "B", And there are nice both side photos, Click on them to make bigger ?. Cheers Bill.

Cyborg

VOC Member
Thanks for the reply, but don't see any G108/1 there. As far as I now, they were only used on the Lightning.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
002.JPG
Sorry, When I saw it was not "C" or "D", I am going Mad !!, I should have looked in the Book, I did not know you were a Racer !!.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
When I built my Racers, I used G108 off the "B", Might be a Nat's short but worked fine, You still see them for sale on e/bay. Or are you doing a proper job ?. Cheers Bill.

Cyborg

VOC Member
Too old, fat and brittle to race. Just want to look the part. I have a G108, but want to replicate the G108/1 along with the spindles etc, so hope to find drawings with dimensions etc.

Cyborg

VOC Member
I thought about sacrificing a brake arm for the cause, but the one extra NOS arm that I have has sad looking serrations in it. Probably why it's been unused for 40 odd years. Don't really want to use it anyway... would rather made some and cut the serrations on the mill.

Cyborg

VOC Member
Granted nice to have, but I'm a long way from being able to make what I want. I'm still on the wrong side of the learning curve and given my waning brain capacity a set of G108/1 may be about the limit.