Frank Taylor 1950s - Factory Shadow Racer with 7R forks

Spqreddie

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I was in communication with someone the other month (and for the life of me cannot remember who) and he said he knew of one in Portland Oregon.
wow! if it is not home made, could be the third one!
Hi. Should have said. Stamped next to G Brown is CB and then 03. I suppose the CB is Cliff Brown ?
or may be, 03 stands for thrid Nero replica?

Badabing

Forum User
VOC Member
Not sure what this means. Like I e said I’ve got the factory build sheet and everything is original on the bike. It went via the Lightening shop and was supposed to Race in 51 with Frank Taylor. He went back in 53 but for some reason went home without racing. Can’t find much about the bike after. Not sure when the G Brown stamps etc was added ?

Prince Duster

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Not sure what this means. Like I e said I’ve got the factory build sheet and everything is original on the bike. It went via the Lightening shop and was supposed to Race in 51 with Frank Taylor. He went back in 53 but for some reason went home without racing. Can’t find much about the bike after. Not sure when the G Brown stamps etc was added ?
Well, possible there was cross-fertilisation between Brown and the factory - even if he'd fallen out with Vincent, which he had. George left, slamming Vincent's door harshly, but his shop was just across the road.

Badabing

Forum User
VOC Member
Sorry just looked at my first couple of post. The bike is restored to factory spec and was found in a barn needing a full restoration. Next to the bike was a set of 7R forks.
To confirm the bike is at factory spec.