Forum User
VOC Member
6A2BEC46-054C-4430-AF0A-D2945D402F72.jpeg

Spqreddie

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Very interesting,
Hi
It’s got the 7R forks and everything which was on the factory build sheet including the original TT carbs and racing Mag. It’s got the standard set up on the back.
i tought it could have been one of the George Brown special. But it look it was a factory modification then. Who knows who have influenced whom then!

Badabing

Forum User
VOC Member
Sorry I’m new to this and still learning loads. George Browns name seems to keep popping up. On the crank case it’s got G Brown stamped on it.
The original spec sheet from the factory shows it was built in the Lightening shop. It was ordered for Frank Taylor and then seems to have disappeared for 50 years. I would love to find more out but not sure how to go about it.
I was given a "Nero" type swinging arm yesterday by another member who has had it unused for 40 years.
hi Chris. Do you know much about the 3 Neros ?

Prince Duster

VOC Member
My understanding is that the Browns - George and Cliff - were commissioned to build a Nero replica, and then two more were ordered. One is in France. Racer John Mockett told me it was a talk by George at the West London Section VOC, circa 1962, which inspired Derek Parkin to build his frames with swinging-arm rear and teles at the front. Ron and Bill Thomas, around at the time and both on here, will know more. Good luck Badabing with an interesting bike! David L

Spqreddie

VOC Member
My understanding is that the Browns - George and Cliff - were commissioned to build a Nero replica, and then two more were ordered. One is in France. Racer John Mockett told me it was a talk by George at the West London Section VOC, circa 1962, which inspired Derek Parkin to build his frames with swinging-arm rear and teles at the front. Ron and Bill Thomas, around at the time and both on here, will know more. Good luck Badabing with an interesting bike! David L
one is in Australia, and the third is lost

Badabing

Forum User
VOC Member
Hi.
Hi David. Many thanks for the information. Everything helps. Piece by piece I hope we can get the full history of the bike.
Regards