Electric Start For Vincent

kerry

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Grosset I have had on 2 Twins, well available, well hidden and pretty well trouble free if engine is in reasonable order
I am sure others will tell you current price and availability.

Denny653

VOC Member
I had a Grosset kit installed on my Shadow this past spring. Their phone number and email is on line. They were very nice to work with and answered every question. The starter works great and had led to me riding this bike more.

Speedtwin

VOC Member
Bit like future proofing your house for old age by fitting a lift.
I intend fitting a Grosset on my D this winter as I want to extend my riding life and protect my knees.
Al

vibrac

VOC Member
Looking to the future the Vincent electric start from Herve that was highlighted in one of the classic Comics last year and uses the LH kickstart tunnel is still in gestation like the Comet one. Design wise it will be worth waiting for, even if as I plan my next twin will have belt primary

roger v

VOC Member
Hi All Nobody has mentioned the Mark Cooper version , which from all the available information looks to be a very well engineered solution and has a belt drive primary Tim . Mark has provided me with details such that I have made a number of the parts which will be built into my Norvin project .

roger v

VOC Member
Just type in Mark Cooper electric start for Vincent HRD for a one off video , or lots of photos and videos have been posted by Mark and other Vincent owners in NZ on these pages somewhere . The design features a Suzuki clutch driven by a belt , the starter motor drives the clutch by a starter ring attached to the rear of said clutch as in the Harley design . So no sprags involved and no gearbox meshing either . Well worth a look .

roger v

VOC Member
Looking to the future the Vincent electric start from Herve that was highlighted in one of the classic Comics last year and uses the LH kickstart tunnel is still in gestation like the Comet one. Design wise it will be worth waiting for, even if as I plan my next twin will have belt primary

roger v

VOC Member
Just had a look at the video of the starter produced by Ernst Hegeler , looks really good . Does anyone out there know of his contact number , he is a German who has no English , but I have a contact who is bi lingual .