E: Engine Comet for the 2020's

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
What if he was like me and wanted to hide the fitting screws and top bit !!. Cheers Bill.
You are right Bill, "hide the screws" it does seem like a fifties thing You dont see many mounted club badges anymore especially on bikes there is a rump car lot that still have a badge bar but on bikes like handlebar fairings they have mostly all gone without a trace.... ..

bmetcalf

VOC Member
How did the holes get drilled straight in? Seems like not enough room for a drill motor there; maybe a right-angle drive?

vibrac

VOC Member
Well I have had that RFM since the dawn of time (part of my £15 purchase) so I guess before me it must have been.........
1513001161038.png

Happy days :)

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
Correct, Cyril,was a very short guy he use to push the brace against the box with his chest the drill pieces was flat and a little tit on the end for starter.

vibrac

VOC Member
Actually when I started racing a Vincent all I had was one of these and with it I drilled lots of holes in two steel front brake plates and added an aluminium air scoop to each side it was a few years before Roger Slater made some aluminum lightning copies or I could afford my first electric hand drill (or brave enough to sneak 'homers' out of the apprentice shop)
1513020295886.png
1513020295886.png

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
Speaking of homers a friend of my late father use to work at DH at Hatfield during the war, they use to make cigarette lighters out of the scrap windscreen material