Centre stands

Hugo Myatt

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Sounds to me like your legs are too long, not your legs you understand, the centre stand stand legs, the ideal is to have the rear wheel just above the ground when at rest and on the stand, no more than half an inch is required, the longer the legs the harder it gets.

With a Dave Hills centre stand or even a D type stand fitted to a C it is easier to put it on the rear stand if you put it on the centre stand first. This way the legs of the rear stand can tuck further under the wheel and eases the lift considerably. This has worked for me on my two Comets, one fitted with a DH stand and one with a D stand. It also worked on the C Rapide with a D stand before I chickened out and fitted a Steib.

vibrac

VOC Member
Don't just ask for a Dave hills stand tell him bike and wheel size a second hand stand is like second hand pants they may not fit

craig

VOC Member
Hills dimension instruction.
DaveHillsDimRed.jpg

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Might be because it's from the old Jag's, I remember the thing Roy says, I think it was 1960s Mk 2. In the old days you could go into a spares shop, Tell them what you want, And there it was !!. Not so much now. Cheers Bill.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Another rubber stop !!, Anybody doing Mig Welding, That use the small bottle of Gas, That rubber looks good, Cheers Bill.