Centre stands

bmetcalf

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I am interested in making some holes in the plates for my Hills stand. This is what I have come up with. The note that the holes without a dot beside them are 1/2" is cut off. I have left the plate solid between the swingarm pivot and the stand pivot holes.

Attachments

• Plate Pattern resized.jpg
    Plate Pattern resized.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 74

craig

VOC Member
I am interested in making some holes in the plates for my Hills stand. This is what I have come up with. The note that the holes without a dot beside them are 1/2" is cut off. I have left the plate solid between the swingarm pivot and the stand pivot holes.
Bruce, Are you reducing weight of this large plate?

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Yes and using the same pattern on the other side. And, yes, I could skip a few three burrito lunches and accomplish more!

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Bruce, You could copy the plates in Alloy, Maybe Dural, Polished up I think would look good ?, Easy done with hand tools. Cheers Bill.

craig

VOC Member
Yes and using the same pattern on the other side. And, yes, I could skip a few three burrito lunches and accomplish more!
I would agree the new plates are a heavy addition. I have really enjoyed my Hills stand tho. Kick starting on a center stand is great!
There are threads in the right side Hills plate that would be best in steel supplied.
I like the lock idea.
I ran mine for a while in red primer as received.
20150517HillsStandPriorToPaint.jpg