vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Friction diks have a big disadvantage
they are like the Government , It takes a big push to get them moving

davidd

VOC Member
I thought the FT221 friction disks did the job? (My bike has Girdraulics, so I am in the dark on Bramptons.)

Bruce,

You are missing the point. It is not attached to the bike, so it is not acting as a steering damper. It is attached to the fork only acting as a suspension damper. The Brampton does not have a suspension damper, just a spring.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Bruce,

You are missing the point. It is not attached to the bike, so it is not acting as a steering damper. It is attached to the fork only acting as a suspension damper. The Brampton does not have a suspension damper, just a spring.

Aren't F221's part of the up and down friction damping for Bramptons? FF37's are the steering damper friction disks per MO30.

davidd

VOC Member
Aren't F221's part of the up and down friction damping for Bramptons? FF37's are the steering damper friction disks per MO30.

Sorry Bruce, I may have missed the point, but you threw me by asking why friction disks were equally effective as hydraulic dampers. I know that even Scott Dell has been complaining about the beating he has been taking recently from the Bramptons!

David

craig

VOC Member
I need to tighten my Brampton steering head bearing.
Can I reach in and loosen FT217 pinch bolt and then turn FT238 big nut to adjust?
MO30BramptonSteeringHead.jpg

nkt267

VOC Member
Sounds good..Should be just like doing the headstock bearings on the Girdraulics..Also the same as my '32 Sunbeam. Have bramptons on a Meteor and a B Rap..John