Brampton fork details

john998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello No I don't think he still supplies them, The damper is made in the USA not sure what make. Regards John.

greg brillus

VOC Member
Whilst you chaps are talking about Bramptons, another slight mod you might try and I do upon rebuilding these is to push the lower bushes in the forks and lower stem inward a little further and fit an"O" ring in there. That way you keep oil and grease out of the friction discs. Seems to work ok, simple but effective....not necessary on the upper bushes......Greg.

Chrish

Non-VOC Member
Shame on you Peter. My unit is fastened at the top as per normal and then fastened to the headlamp bracket. Been that way for 14 years and no problems. The unit is a modified Koni with adjustable pre-load and adjustable damping.
I remember some time ago, Albervin wrote an inclusive article on the build of the front setup for his "B". Perhaps he could be cajoled into repeating it for us.

Chrish

Albervin

VOC Member
I have just posted photos on miscellaneous 2013. The upper link was assembled initially with a nut and bolt. Once the alignment was obtained, it was brazed up.
DSC00004.jpgDSC00002.jpg

davidd

VOC Member
The Canadian shocks were made by Works Performance, but Works will not build custom shocks for Vincents anymore as far as I know, only those they make for Thornton.

David

Albervin

VOC Member
Laney said he was considering a modified coil over damper when I spoke to him at the 2010 International. Maybe he needs a little prompting. I like the look of that. Any specifications available eg spring poundage?

Albervin

VOC Member
No No hack not
the unit I have fits onto the claw (I have a spare sping somewhere I took off)
I have a suspension guy who has said he can make a batch but I have never got enough interest to take it further[/QUOTE
Any chance of a picture? What are the specs? 140lb spring or 170lb spring?

davidd

VOC Member
AHRMA ruled that you could put a damper on your girder fork for safety reasons. Many riders just bolted on steering dampers to the front forks. On end on a stationary link and one on a moving link. It is hard to get a photo because of the number plates, but it looks like a relatively easy bolt up for someone that wants more damping than is available. The dampers are usually inexpensive and adjustable. Not bad if you can stand the appearance.

David

bmetcalf

VOC Member
I thought the FT221 friction disks did the job? (My bike has Girdraulics, so I am in the dark on Bramptons.)