PR: Proprietary Items Acewell speedometers

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Funny just seen a road test on a New Harley , With a very neat one built into the handle bar clamp.
Missenden flyer Youtube. I used to ride a lot round there when I lived in West London.
My stamping ground in my yoof Missenden specifically Great Missenden home to Burt Jefferies motorcycle shop all tweee residences now but about to be stuffed soon by the anacronistic HS2 pathetic railway 50 years out of date (oops screwed my own thread!)

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
Well I get constant readings now except its about a factor of about ten out I only went to about 4mph :rolleyes: as I am still running in. I will check my settings as they are metric I suppose I could have done a USA mars shot and got the decimal point wrong. everything else looks good on the display rev counter winkers etc.
If the settings check out then if its a proximity switch I suppose if I put a continuity test on the two wires it should register with a magnet pass?
Its more comfortable than I remember but oh! that Goldie silencer so loud time for a mute in the end I think.
View attachment 36817
Tim,
Love the bike !
If you are getting a reliable reading you should be able to go into the set up on the speedo & alter the revs per mile to get it to read correct.
Haven`t set mine up yet but on the tenth or so reading of the instructions I realised I`d got the wrong end of the stick with what figure I should be entering.
Think I wrote it down but I can`t remeber where :)
Cheers
Dave

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
Well I get constant readings now except its about a factor of about ten out I only went to about 4mph :rolleyes: as I am still running in. I will check my settings as they are metric I suppose I could have done a USA mars shot and got the decimal point wrong. everything else looks good on the display rev counter winkers etc.
If the settings check out then if its a proximity switch I suppose if I put a continuity test on the two wires it should register with a magnet pass?
Its more comfortable than I remember but oh! that Goldie silencer so loud time for a mute in the end I think.
View attachment 36817
Detailed instructions including 'how to'

Attachments

• ACE-27-28XX-USERMANUAL-EN-Flash-20170914.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 7

vibrac

VOC Member
Well the rain relented and I took her out again it really is a fast bike (In fact I think i must have fitted a big bore engine:confused:) anyway after checking all the settings and the position of the sensor on the road at 60 odd it still only registered 4MPH its stated as being a reed switch sensor so my next move is to attach a volt meter and see if anything registers as I spin the wheel any idea of the voltages or what to set my volt meter at?
I will also contact Acewell for advice.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Just a thought, You don't need to go thrashing up the road, Although that can be fun !,
With the front up on stands 4 mph is easy by spinning the wheel by hand.
I did find when I first fitted my bicycle speedo, It played up a bit, Till I got the distance right between magnet and thingy, So you could play with that in the shop, Mind your fingers !!.
Not sure if the numbers would work on yours, But I set mine at 1845 or 1860 ish.

oexing

VOC Member
A reed switch should not read any resistance, just a switch, so you´d check for continuity only. At night you could hear a faint click when the reed contact closes, in complete silence and good hearing . Just I have never seen a reed type with this shape.

Vic

vibrac

VOC Member
A reed switch should not read any resistance, just a switch, so you´d check for continuity only. At night you could hear a faint click when the reed contact closes, in complete silence and good hearing . Just I have never seen a reed type with this shape.

Vic
thanks Vic
I had not seen it either but here it is
1598198552622.png

oexing

VOC Member
Yeah, was my first idea, but only two wires. Proximity switches got some electronics inside so three wires usually.

Vic