2012 Racer

riptragle1953

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
That's easy. The flats are reduced to a round threaded stud that fits the original plate bore. Fit plate alone on the axel.... turn the flats to the correct angle.... then tighten the inside nut.... the flats will not only be at the right angle but the slot will act as a wrench
when you tighten the inside nut.

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
Hi, Rip, there's lots of jobs that the "pro's" find so easy it's almost laughable. Then there's the "other mob" they mean well, but as my old mate used to say- "they can't tell hay from a bull's foot". They have helped me to earn a fortune, but life is easier without them!

davidd

VOC Member
The most popular iteration of the racer was in 2009. I think the big carb poking through the tank was a real eye catcher. People really liked it. The carb was 1-7/16", which was used on the TT Grey Flashes. This one is a replica as I was never able to locate an original. The engine is real Grey Flash 3407. It made about 42 hp, but I did not have a big supply of tuning parts, so I went with the 32mm, which made just over 40 hp. I used a Pazon dual plug in 2009, but it was dyno tested with the dual plug BTH.

2009BigCarb_2.jpg

2009BigCarb_1.jpg

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
By luck you might find a snap on plastic can lid that fits like I use to cover Beanies dog food can as he only get 1/2 each day.