1000 twin service specs

Dingocooke

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi, I have used the 'search' box, but to no avail (probably me, do'h!) Can anyone point me to general specifications for routine service specs for a 1000 twin? Just looking for general engine and gearbox things, oil type, ignition timing, valve clearances etc. for the motor in my Mossey built Egli rep. Cheers in advance, Steve

vibrac

VOC Member
Plenty of doumentation available Riders hand book,richardsons etc all available to purchase on line
all needing interpretation materials oils and riders abilities have altered in 70 years

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vincent-Motorcycles-Paul-Richardson/dp/0952066238 (not that I should reccomend those people after seeing how they treat their staff)

flea bay, Vincent spares companies

and of course vincent owners ..... JOIN THE CLUB

personally I bought all the books and read them before I bought the bike and that was when bikes cost less than £100

NB The thought just struck me, you mean you bought a Mossy Vincent and at that price he supplies no instructions?

Last edited:

Dingocooke

Non-VOC Member
Plenty of doumentation available Riders hand book,richardsons etc all available to purchase on line
all needing interpretation materials oils and riders abilities have altered in 70 years

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vincent-Motorcycles-Paul-Richardson/dp/0952066238 (not that I should reccomend those people after seeing how they treat their staff)

flea bay, Vincent spares companies

and of course vincent owners ..... JOIN THE CLUB

personally I bought all the books and read them before I bought the bike and that was when bikes cost less than £100

NB The thought just struck me, you mean you bought a Mossy Vincent second hand and at that price the old owner lost the instructions.....
Fixed it for you :)
Thanks!! I'll get on Amazon right now!!! Cheers Steve

Dingocooke

Non-VOC Member
Don't use Amazon - Use the VOC spares company. Join the VOC and you'll even get a discount.
Ah!! Too late, bought the Clymer manual, they're usually ok and the content is all Richardson, so should fill in the blanks re service spec...Re the club, I am a VMCC member for what it's worth (and where I found my Egli for sale) thanks for all the encouragement, and I am sure it will be worth it, but it gets a bit expensive joining all the one make clubs you've got a bike for; CRMC, Norton, Triumph, Suzuki, Triton Specials, Vincent, Yamaha etc. at about £30 a pop each :-D keep smiling and keep riding!!

bmetcalf

VOC Member
There is a large amount of info on the VOC site for members and, of course, I think the VOC is the best one make club, so it would be an easy choice! :)

Also, the parts discount could pay for your membership.

Dingocooke

Non-VOC Member
There is a large amount of info on the VOC site for members and, of course, I think the VOC is the best one make club, so it would be an easy choice! :)

Also, the parts discount could pay for your membership.

how much is the parts discount out of interest, and is the spares scheme open to signed up only members? Cheers Steve

vibrac

VOC Member
ten percent off for members
sales open to all but need to sign into website
normal deliveries post free