Your first photo of you on a vincent

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
A very old picture - looks like you were just Hooterboy then.

Good to meet you yesterday.

H

champion

VOC Member

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Not me, but my son Sean, who is 23 now, at the North American Rally in 1993.

Sean at Rally.jpg

davidd

VOC Member
This has been posted before, but it is the first one of me on a Vincent taken by Meridith MacKay-Smith on the way back from the first Shadow Lake rally. Meridith was a passenger on Justin's Black Prince when she snapped it.

Egli002_edited-1.jpg

David

Ducdude

VOC Member
I finally Got the pictures to load..!

If this works It should be a Picture of me and my shadow after a year of bringing her back from the dead. This was the the first ride more than 1 mile away from my house. This ride 50 miles and all of it motorway. I made it to the show and back and all was well. Well mostly well, as the back of the bike was covered with oil:)..This was only in 2011...In 2009 or 2010 here aso is a picture of My shadows NEXT owner! This is a picture of my then 3 year old daughter, who always says the BLACK bike is her Faviorate!

Cheers,
Eric

View attachment 1215

View attachment 1216

Last edited:

Howard

VOC Member
This has been posted before, but it is the first one of me on a Vincent taken by Meridith MacKay-Smith on the way back from the first Shadow Lake rally. Meridith was a passenger on Justin's Black Prince when she snapped it.

David

Memories - whatever happened to flaired trousers? They used to get caught on the gear indicator, then all sorts of panic set in when I couldn't put my foot on the ground.

H

davidd

VOC Member
Sorry Howard, they are not bell bottoms! They are chaps. I never rode without chaps, boots, jacket, gloves and a full face helmet. I wore the scarf always, but for wind noise as inexpensive ear plugs were not readily available. I had a few get offs, but I always rode away. I did not own an automobile, so I was on a bike all year round.

David