Vins around the Nurburgring

roy the mechanic

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Go try the Island-I was embarrased to be a member after the debacle the other year! The next years regs said "due to the actions of a certain motorcycle club" we all knew they meant us, need i say any more.

Howard

VOC Member
Thanks for the feedback so far, I was referring more to the current public access scheme though. For insurance liability reasons, if you would rather not quote speeds or times, that is understood, PM them to me if you like.

Shall I just email them to you at touringcomet@insuranceliabilities.gov

J

H

Ps A dishy young German lady on Top Gear drives a Transit round in 10 minutes.

Last edited:

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
Something else- in a parade lap you are not supposed to be "timed" , if you are captured during a timed lap it is deemed by the a c u /f i m to be a race! You cannot insure a road going vehichle for racing, or speed testing. Read your insurance small print. Summerfeilds were captured timing Derek Minter in a c r m c parade, took 2 years to get the parades back to normal.

Albervin

VOC Member
I have been around the IOM with my wife in the chair of a Shadow outfit. Not dead last in the 1999 rally parade but what fun!! If I had the chance to ride around ANY major circuit I would gladly do so on a scooter. So far I can only tick off IOM, Eastern Creek (former GP circuit) and Phillip Island (current GP circuit). It is just the experience for me and leaving the circuit safe and sound. I will leave timed laps to those with more talent! I think Nurburgring and Spa would be top but Daytona, Laguna, Monza and the old Assen circuit will do....

nobby

VOC Member
... and the old Assen circuit will do....
The Zandvoort circuit is fabulous too, but with weird sound restrictions therefore not suitable for motorcycles anymore since over 20 years...
Last time I was there it was for a 6-hour race (1974 I think), bike got very sick during practice so I never did a proper race there. I needed a second practice ride but the program did not allowed me so I went out with the Guzzi V7 Sport to do a few miles round the tulip fields. When I got back we decided not to start. Later an official told me they wanted to disqualifie me anyway because I was 'that guy riding like crazy in heavy (motorcycle) traffic'.

nobby

VOC Member
Nürburgring. -16 Degrees Celsius and snow.
Andy Gülden, the Chief Instructor of the Nürburgring Driving Academy, drives a Nürburgring Formula Race Car along the icy and snowy Nürburgring.
YouTube clip

vibrac

VOC Member
Oh for a big Vincent motorcycle with 3 bags of gravel
one on the rear mudguard and two in the sidecar box
we had great fun in the snow back in the 60's
I went round one icy roundabout 23 times without stoping the drift ....