Vins around the Nurburgring

John Emanuel

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Go try the Island-I was embarrased to be a member after the debacle the other year! The next years regs said "due to the actions of a certain motorcycle club" we all knew they meant us, need i say any more.

Sorry about the belated response, Roy. Why do you describe the Vincent parade lap in 2007 as a debacle?

stumpy lord

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
one member came off at ginger hall due to a tank slapper, annother member, I asume miss read the road at the top of May hill and ran into the straw bales, being injured when his bike toppled onto him. Hardley a debacle. please note, nobody said anything when a very well known motor cycling sports star a few years later got it completly wrong and went over the wall at the goose neck.
stumpy lord.
norman lord.

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
one member came off at ginger hall due to a tank slapper, annother member, I asume miss read the road at the top of May hill and ran into the straw bales, being injured when his bike toppled onto him. Hardley a debacle. please note, nobody said anything when a very well known motor cycling sports star a few years later got it completly wrong and went over the wall at the goose neck.
stumpy lord.
norman lord.
Are you referring to Sammy Miller's "leap of faith"?
Unfortunately when a large group of "older" riders get together there is often tears. I cannot think of a single International rally I have attended where someone has not ended up in hospital. Local rallies are no different and I avoid a certain rally like the plague because of the injury toll on the ride; one year there were 2 deaths and several seriously injured leading to no ambulances left in the entire district for nearly 4 hours. Now that is what I call a debacle!