Vincent twin clutch

nkt267

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Stu uses a different spring altogether now.I rode his bike yesterday and it has the lightest smoothest clutch you can imagine..Feed the clutch out at tickover and it pulls away beautifully..John

Jim Richardson

VOC Member
Indeed. Stuart invited two other members to try out his mod yesterday at the Suffolk Lunch meeting-they were impressed!
He has modified 3 clutches for me, which he tells me have been tested at 90mph ( must have been on a race track or airfield) I just need to find time to go and collect them.

litnman

VOC Member
What is the correct spring pressure and or spring rate? The only thing close on this thread is to remove the inside spring.
Note.

"Removed the smaller of the two springs in the C7/1 shoe plunger to lower pressure required to depress the plunger. This gives approximately 3 lbs pressure need to fully depress it.

C7 plunger is much harder to depress, maybe 20+ pounds to fully depress.

Both plungers set on jig. Eddy – 14-04-13"

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
What is the correct spring pressure and or spring rate? The only thing close on this thread is to remove the inside spring.
Note.

"Removed the smaller of the two springs in the C7/1 shoe plunger to lower pressure required to depress the plunger. This gives approximately 3 lbs pressure need to fully depress it.

I think it would be a question for Roy as the jig sets the tension of both shoe springs via alignment with the holes in the jig.

I would imagine Roy set the jig up per the drawing in a previous thread that lists the amount of spring travel for each shoe.

Eugene.

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
I think it would be a question for Roy as the jig sets the tension of both shoe springs via alignment with the holes in the jig.

I would imagine Roy set the jig up per the drawing in a previous thread that lists the amount of spring travel for each shoe.

Eugene.

003.JPG

litnman

VOC Member

That's a huge difference in spring pressure. 20+ lbs down to 3 lbs

b'knighted

VOC Member
Just bringing this thread to the top for Oily Rag to see the drawing in post 58 and the jig drawings in posts 15 & 24. I think most of the experts mentioned in this thread were probably discussed when we spoke.