Vincent 1000

leshall

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi I am wondering if anybody can help me.

I am 67 years old and live in Melbourne Australia. Back in 1955 I owned a Vincenbt 1000 and I am absolutely sure that it was shaft driven, No chain. A friend ofmine also a Pom tells me that there never was a shaft driven Vincent 1000. I know it was a long time ago so my memory may be playing up on me. Could anybody in your club verify for me if there was such a bike. If I am mistaken would anybody know of a bike of that era that was shaft driven.

Hope you can help, because my wife thinks I might be starting to suffer with Alhzeimers

Kind Regards Les Hall

Les Thomson

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi I am wondering if anybody can help me.

I am 67 years old and live in Melbourne Australia. Back in 1955 I owned a Vincenbt 1000 and I am absolutely sure that it was shaft driven, No chain. A friend ofmine also a Pom tells me that there never was a shaft driven Vincent 1000. I know it was a long time ago so my memory may be playing up on me. Could anybody in your club verify for me if there was such a bike. If I am mistaken would anybody know of a bike of that era that was shaft driven.

Hope you can help, because my wife thinks I might be starting to suffer with Alhzeimers

Kind Regards Les Hall
I think the misses might be right.Go back to bed & don't forget to take your pills.

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Don't forget that Velocette did a couple of small shaft drive bikes and Velocette could be confused with Vincent after many years without needing dementure. :)

leshall

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Come to think of it, I think itmight have been a Sunbeam. My wife is just as bad, she couldn't remember and she travelled on the back every time we went out.

I will take my pills next time, and thank you al;l very much for your help