• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Vincent 1000

leshall

New Website User
Non-VOC Member
Hi I am wondering if anybody can help me.

I am 67 years old and live in Melbourne Australia. Back in 1955 I owned a Vincenbt 1000 and I am absolutely sure that it was shaft driven, No chain. A friend ofmine also a Pom tells me that there never was a shaft driven Vincent 1000. I know it was a long time ago so my memory may be playing up on me. Could anybody in your club verify for me if there was such a bike. If I am mistaken would anybody know of a bike of that era that was shaft driven.

Hope you can help, because my wife thinks I might be starting to suffer with Alhzeimers

Kind Regards Les Hall

Les Thomson

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Hi I am wondering if anybody can help me.

I am 67 years old and live in Melbourne Australia. Back in 1955 I owned a Vincenbt 1000 and I am absolutely sure that it was shaft driven, No chain. A friend ofmine also a Pom tells me that there never was a shaft driven Vincent 1000. I know it was a long time ago so my memory may be playing up on me. Could anybody in your club verify for me if there was such a bike. If I am mistaken would anybody know of a bike of that era that was shaft driven.

Hope you can help, because my wife thinks I might be starting to suffer with Alhzeimers

Kind Regards Les Hall
I think the misses might be right.Go back to bed & don't forget to take your pills.

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Don't forget that Velocette did a couple of small shaft drive bikes and Velocette could be confused with Vincent after many years without needing dementure. :)

leshall

New Website User
Non-VOC Member
Come to think of it, I think itmight have been a Sunbeam. My wife is just as bad, she couldn't remember and she travelled on the back every time we went out.

I will take my pills next time, and thank you al;l very much for your help

Latest Forum Threads

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?