Vancouver Section Ride.

Monkeypants

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Yes, Highway 3, which is good fun on a motorcycle with lots of passing power. Not much fun in a four wheeled vehicle.

Glen

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
True, those runaway lanes always show signs of recent use!
With this bike there's lots of braking. Twin disc GSXR up front and the bike is about 100 lbs lighter than a GSXR.

Glen

Cyborg

VOC Member
I suppose if there is an upside to a runaway lane on a motorcycle it’s that all they have to do is stick a cross in the gravel. I did that highway (once) in the winter. Just coming up to the #3 turnoff I ended up behind a Greyhound bus. Thought great... this is going to be a slow trip. Not so, I had to push fairly hard to keep up. He was even hanging the rear end out on a few corners. Passengers must have loved that. Ran into fog/cloud at the top so down to a crawl. Just as well because there were a bunch of bighorn sheep having a conflab in the middle of the road.

Robert Watson

VOC Member
(quote) bunch of bighorn sheep having a conflab in the middle of the road. (quote)

Discussing whether the rear brake rod adjusters should be vertical or horizontal?

Michael Vane-Hunt

VOC Member
(quote) bunch of bighorn sheep having a conflab in the middle of the road. (quote)

Discussing whether the rear brake rod adjusters should be vertical or horizontal?
Those DAMN sheep. Must be an ongoing discussion because I see them on the road every time I go up that way.