Vancouver Section Ride.

Vincent Brake

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
...and now back to my point. It is approximately a 4 day ride (2,280km) to that location by the quickest route, ergo in order to attend I require 4.5 days notice. Regrettably, therefore, I shall not be able to attend. I trust you will pass on my regrets.
On a vinnie only a good 2 days.
Give and take a bit.
Bob.

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
I’ve driven from Calgary to Watson’s on the Trans-Canada which is the most direct route, it took 2 days. I‘ve ridden a couple of ways..one slightly circuitous (4 days to my house), one very circuitous (5days)..With all respect to my Vincent it is 66 yrs old and at best will cruise capably at 110km/hr without destroying itself or wearing itself out prematurely. It has no windshield so extended high speed rides are tiring. On the other hand I have my 2017 Yamaha FJR 1300ES..shaft drive, windshield, cruise control, Russel Day-Long seat, 25L gas tank, electronically adjustable suspension, heated grips...and 145Hp..it will cruise easily at 160-200km/hr.. I‘ve ridden the Vincent for long distances, but not for 15 years and not at the speed or with the comfort of the Yamaha..

Last edited:

Cyborg

VOC Member
With the Vincent you’d have to stop every hour and scrape the locusts out from between the fins. Plus load your saddle bags full of tear offs for your visor.

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Well it was a good group get together for the first time this year!

In the background is the 1/2 of the Fraser river as that is an island in mid stream you see, and between the grass and the river is the South Bank of the Fraser.

Mosquitoes were not too much in evidence at 2 pm as there was a light breeze, however an hour or so later they came to dine.

20200714_144859.jpg

Guy Stanford, Black Shadow
Howie Wong, Rapide
Dan Smith, Short-rod Black Shadow
Robert Watson, Black B Rapide (JRO 101!)
Jim Bush, Rapide
Tom Mellor, C Rapide
Ian Wylie, B Rapide

Other were
Glen Breaks, Norton 650 SS
Tony Cording, Dodge Caravan
Jim Bush's wife SL350 Mercedes

Plus a couple of other Section friends.

As this is a bit of a remote location we could have a glass of something not technically legal, but no fun police in sight.

Now to look for somewhere else in 2-3 weeks time.

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
I’ve driven from Calgary to Watson’s on the Trans-Canada which is the most direct route, it took 2 days. I‘ve ridden a couple of ways..one slightly circuitous (4 days to my house), one very circuitous (5days)..With all respect to my Vincent it is 66 yrs old and at best will cruise capably at 110km/hr without destroying itself or wearing itself out prematurely. It has no windshield so extended high speed rides are tiring. On the other hand I have my 2017 Yamaha FJR 1300ES..shaft drive, windshield, cruise control, Russel Day-Long seat, 25L gas tank, electronically adjustable suspension, heated grips...and 145Hp..it will cruise easily at 160-200km/hr.. I‘ve ridden the Vincent for long distances, but not for 15 years and not at the speed or with the comfort of the Yamaha..
I know that Yamaha is pretty nice for racking up the miles, however a few years ago I rode the equivalent of Vancouver to Calgary in a day, and on a Vincent at that. Sort of, it was on the homebuilt bike and the trip was Van to Sparwood, right at the BC Alberta border, roughly 1000 kms, same distance as Van to Calgary.
Felt fine afterward. Ok maybe a little sore here and there.

Glen

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
I know that Yamaha is pretty nice for racking up the miles, however a few years ago I rode the equivalent of Vancouver to Calgary in a day, and on a Vincent at that. Sort of, it was on the homebuilt bike and the trip was Van to Sparwood, right at the BC Alberta border, roughly 1000 kms, same distance as Van to Calgary.
Felt fine afterward. Ok maybe a little sore here and there.

Glen

Via Hwy#3 Glen?