UK Government plans E10 petrol roll-out from September 2021

ClassicBiker

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Are they going to make the RED ARROWs air planes Electric !,
And Branson's rocket ship ?.
Please don't get me started. I saw Branson took a flight to the edge of space the recently and was describing what he saw and his thoughts about it in a video. All very innocuous stuff. But the media couldn't wait to start slamming him, everything from billionaire megalomaniac to irresponsible destroyer of the atmosphere "given climate change". Of all the multi millionaires/billionaires in the world he is the least offensive. Yet the media and the demons of cancel culture couldn't wait to start pontificating about how bad he is. It isn't the fact they care about the atmosphere or the world, they just want to be the center of everyone's attention. These people are getting so very tiresome.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I like Trees and Birds , But don't HUG many !,
But they are now talking about doing away with Cows and Trains,
This Electric stuff is Dangerous !.
A driverless car climbed a tree the other day and burst into flames, Killed both in the back.
It's out of control,
Weather has always been changeable.

SteveF

Non-VOC Member
I like Trees and Birds , But don't HUG many !,
But they are now talking about doing away with Cows and Trains,
This Electric stuff is Dangerous !.
A driverless car climbed a tree the other day and burst into flames, Killed both in the back.
It's out of control,
Weather has always been changeable.
Hmm, the driverless car with only people in the back seat was completely incorrectly reported by the Wall Street Journal. This was a Tesla where it was claimed that it was exceeding the speed limit on a country road with both passengers in the back seat. Completely untrue as the car in question didn't have driver assistance installed, Tesla driving assistance requires white lines on the road before it will engage and it never exceeds the speedlimit. See Musk's comment.
As the saying goes, don't believe everything you read, especially from journalists.

Mike 40M

VOC Member
In Sweden 95 E10 was recently introduced. 98 is still E5.
I use Aspen Alkylate petrol for most of of my bikes. Available as 95, 98 or 102 octane RON.
Except for the fuel injected Ninja which seems to run well on E10. And the Comet which goes longer distances and have to be refilled far away. Will probably run 98 E5 in it next rally. By the way, what octane grade is needed for a Vincent with standard compression?
It will still get alkylate the last two tank fills for the season. To avoid winter layup problems.
Started up a Norton WD16H a month ago which had stood unused with alkylate in it for at least 5 years. No problem. But also started up a petrol engine generator filled with E5 95 which was last needed after a storm in 2007. The KTM enduro bike filled with Romanian petrol a few years ago did not start. After emptying and refilling with fresh petrol it started. To get rid of the old petrol, I tried to burn it. Impossible.

G

Graham Smith

Have got a good article on ethanol from the BMF which I hope to get into October’s edition of MPH.