Timed Breather

A-BCD

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Out of the guide or the guide seat in the head at the low point?

Where the guide passes over the end of the rocker tunnel and there is just a small crescent, cut away the guide ( it isn't supported across that section anyway ) to make a bigger breathing area.

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
Absolutely - but I'm still struggling to get my A Rapide to the same standard - I suspect I never will !!

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Likewise,oil tightness, thats always been the challenge for the last forty plus years, it was very good from 99 t0 02 after Colin at Conways did the rebuild then seizure doing long spells at 90 plus to catch ferry,another eight years before stripping it and about ten k miles at a pint per hundred! Still breather too heavily but who cares when it is so enjoyable,get round to it one day. Did several hundred miles at the Austrian and it was trailered there, I think the most used bike there apart from Stephane Membre's Egli that was never cold and didn't it go well, did about 70 km at the French rally on it.

bananaman

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
That's fantastic, so good to see Old Harry in good use. I've only managed about 2500 miles on my A twin in the last 2 years, but doing my best to use it as much as possible !! ( Have to take the B out as well, or it will sulk !! )